Ladies Love Taildraggers’ 2020 Fly-in
Thursday, October 1 – Sunday, October 4, 2020
Prescott Regional Airport – Ernest A Love Field
Airport Identifier: KPRC
Ladies, this year our 2020 LadiesLoveTaildraggers Fly-in is heading deep into Arizona and the territory that made Wyatt Earp & Doc Holliday famous. Our destination is Prescott, Arizona, rich with history, beautiful landscapes, granite mountains, lakes, and wildlife. Our group hotel borders the famous Whiskey Row, an area once home to settlers, cowboys, prospectors, bawdy girls, gamblers & outlaws. It was named Whiskey Row in the early 1900’s because one block hosted a total of 40 saloons. Today it’s known for its restaurants, local breweries, art galleries, and of course, those famous saloons!
Please join us for a long weekend of fun in the town Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University calls home. Embry-Riddle is the largest accredited university system specializing in aviation and aerospace and many members of LadiesLoveTaildraggers have graduated from their Prescott and Daytona Beach campus’.
Our fly-in is timed to join Embry-Riddle during their annual Homecoming week and the Wings Out West Airshow and associated activities. This year’s Airshow features women aerobatic pilots and we’d love to have a crowd of lady taildragger pilots gathered to support them!
Prescott Regional Airport – Ernest A Love Field, PRC
Tower: 125.3, Elevation: 5045′
Runways 3R/21L at 7619′ x 150 ft.
3L/21R at 4846′ x 60 ft.
12/30 4408′ x 75 ft.
Camping information pending
Motel Group Rate: Hassayampa Inn
Please make your reservation now requesting the Ladies Love Taildraggers’ special group rate. This is an extremely busy week in Prescott and hotels will be scarce. This hotel was selected based on location, transportation and price. Quoted room price Wed/Thurs $99, Fri/Sat $209, but will increase as room availability decreases. Call hotel directly to reserve (928) 778-9434. They will hold your room with a credit card and will not bill until check-in. 72 Hour cancellation policy.
Remember, it’s much easier to reserve a room and cancel if necessary, than scramble for a room later!
As always, attendees shouldn’t leave home without the necessities; tie-downs, credit cards, and our signature calling card, raunchy stilettos!!
As usual, stilettos will be placed by our airplanes to designate “Female Pilot”!
Thursday, October 1
– Arrive anytime, check in then begin exploring
– Job Fair at ERAU
– Evening ERAU Alumni Reception at Whiskey Row location, drinks and heavy hors’ d’oeuvres (no-charge). LLT attendees “honorary alumni”!
– LLT Dinner following for all interested at Prescott Brewing Company
Friday, October 2
– Airshow practice day (arriving traffic check NOTAMs for airport closures)
– 9:30 – 11:00 Prescott Airtanker Base tour by Lisa Allen (wildland firefighting)
– Possible fly-out to-be-determined (dependent on airport closure hours)
– Dinner option 1: Evening Alumni Dinner with air show performers at ERAU Campus
– Dinner option 2: 6:30 Dinner at The Palace
– Evening option 1: Fireworks display at ERAU
– Evening option 2: Kick your honky tonking heals up at the famous Matt’s Saloon
Saturday, October 3
– 9:00 – 2:00 Wings Out West Airshow, PRC, NOTAM closed from 0900-1500
– 2:00 to 6:00 Free time
– 6:30 Catered Dinner w/ speakers TBD
Sunday, October 6
– a.m. Hugs & departures!
This is a very tentative schedule based on evolving airport operations. I’ll be adding more as time draws near. As always, we’ll remain flexible with nothing set in stone.
FYI, to keep a handle on fly-in numbers, registration is necessary. If you plan on attending, please register. I understand it all comes down to weather in the end and all of us are at its mercy. Your registration is a huge help to me and answers many questions. Thanks and hope to see you at Prescott!
Please complete the following registration form. $75 Pre-payment for Saturday evening celebration dinner required during registration.