May 2018 And we’re off! The USA perimeter flight begins!
After much planning and prepping our big day is finally here. Today Boyd and I depart on a flight around the perimeter of America in our experimental RV-7. With the condition inspection complete, avionics bug fixed, WingX updated and dozens of small but important preparatory tasks checked off the list, we are good to go!
Our plan is to spend 5 to 6 weeks flying the complete U.S. perimeter. We’ll take our time, explore, meet new people and above all, have plenty of fun in the air and on the ground.
Weather permitting, today’s planned legs are
- KMQJ Indianapolis Regional Airport (departure point)
- KTZD Toledo, Ohio (Perimeter flight officially begins)
- KPCW Port Clinton, Ohio, lunch stop at the Tin Goose Diner
- KPKL Cleveland, Ohio, Burke Lakefront Airport, Women’s Air & Space Museum
- KIAG, Niagara Falls, following the Lake Erie shoreline and under Buffalo Class C airspace, landing at KIAG
A WHOLE lot more!
We are wishing ourselves a safe journey filled with millions of wonderful memories!
More soon. 🙂