I am sorry our LadiesLoveTaildraggers Texas fly-in had to be canned for weather but that doesn’t mean we can’t still do some fun flying together. Please join me, and EAA Chapter 1121, for a fantastic flight around Lake Michigan this July. We’ll fly the western route up the Wisconsin shoreline, rounding the top at St. Ignace/Mackinac Island and then flying southbound down the Michigan shoreline. We’ll spend 3 days on our adventure and overnight at Manitowoc, Wisconsin and St. Ignace, the upper peninsula of Michigan. I would LOVE for you to join our group. Fill out the Signup form below if you plan on joining us. Send email questions to LadyTaildraggers@gmail.com.
Itinerary for Flight Around Lake Michigan
Friday, July 10 – Sunday, July 12, 2015
Day 1. Â Depart Indianapolis or meet us anywhere along our course
- Meet at KMQJ for a 9 am briefing
- Lunch Rochelle, IL (KRPJ) Restaurant on field
- Overfly Holy Hill Monastery
- Arrive (KMTW) Manitowoc, Wisconsin for first night. Best Western Lakefront/Manitowoc. Call to make your reservation @ 920-682-7000. You may cancel reservations up to the day of arrival. $129 nite for (2) doubles or (1) king. Â 7:00 a.m. Complimentary breakfast. 25 steps to Lake Michigan shoreline.
- 3 to 6 pm Wisconsin Maritime Museum/next door to Best Western Lakefront. $10 pp group rate adults
- 7:30 Walk to Dinner, Harborside Restaurant, .3 mile
Day 2 Depart Manitowoc, Wisconsin, KMTW
- Refuel and depart for 83D, St. Ignace, Michigan flying up the Green Bay peninsula and shoreline to St. Ignace. This stretch is a fantastic flight with beautiful views and not to be missed!
- Optional stop: P2P Washington, Island (2 very nice turf runways – I’ll be dropping in for sure!)
- Arrive St. Ignace. Courtesy van to the Breakers Resort **Call to make your reservation @ 906-643-7733 before June 17**. Â Ask for â€œIndy Flight Around Lake Michiganâ€ group. 3 Day cancellation policy. Â $119.95 nite courtside or $139.95 lakefront with balcony/free hot breakfast
- Walk .6 mile south to Sheplerâ€™s Mackinac Island Ferry. $23 pp. Â Departs every 30 minutes. Last ferry from island 9 pm
- Late lunch or dinner on Mackinac Island or visit The Driftwood Restaurant & Sports Bar at St. Ignace (across from Sheplerâ€™s Ferry)
- 10:00 pm Gather for Fireworks on the Bay, back lawn of Breakers Resort
Day 3 Flight home
- Up early. Breakfast 7:00 a.m. This is a long day but oh so fun flying along the shoreline (if you’re heading back to Indy).
- Lunch: KBEH, Benton Harbor, Southwest Michigan Regional Airport, Airport Restaurant. Open till 3:00 pm EDT.
- Last leg to Indy, 139 n.m. direct to MQJ.
Everyone is welcome to join us; LLT members, couples, tailwheel, nosewheel, it’s all good on this circle Lake Michigan summer fly-out!
Signup today! Make your motel reservations today!!