Sep 2011 Jerry Griggs is having a Fly-in (Kansas)
Jerry Griggs has been a supporter of our lady taildraggers organization for a long time – practically Â since I posted the first lady taildragger pilot (that would be me!!). Â Jerry’s a cool guy and sent an email inviting all the lady taildragger pilots to his fly-in on Saturday, October 8. If you’re anywhere near Goddard, Kansas please stop by and say hello to Jerry – and grab something good to eat while you’re there!
Please join us at Lake Waltanna Airfield for pancakes, hamburgers and brats. Â The Griggs-Mardis Fly-in will be on October 8th starting about 8AM until sunset. Â Fly, drive, walk or bicycle but please come.Â
- Lake Waltanna is SN65 in your flight planning software
- GPS coordinates are N37.5900 W097.6000
- 2100′ grass
- Right traffic for runway 17
- Left traffic for runway 35
- Monitor 122.9
- If driving, we are at 17 Lakeridge Drive, Goddard, KS. 67052Jerry once sent me this picture and note, “Â If you ever come through Kansas, let us know.Â Â I could arrange for a flight in a Learjet simulator for you.Â Sorry, the Learjet’s have nosewheels.”
Judy BirchlerPosted at 19:58h, 13 October
What a bummer, Jerry but you still had a nice turnout. Odds are with you for next year and I hope to be there!!
Jerry GriggsPosted at 12:05h, 13 October
We’ve been praying for rain since March & we finally got it on the day of our fly-in. Wisely no one flew in. Storms with hail were only about 12 nm west. But we did have about 50 people show up driving in for pancakes and/or hamburgers. So it was a qualified success. Better luck next year?
Lisa MartinPosted at 08:25h, 28 September
‘Lake’ sounds nice. I’ll have to look it up online.