Aug 2015 Join LadiesLoveTaildraggers at Antique Airfield, Blakesburg, Iowa
Looking for Lady Taildragger pilots who fly Classic & Antique Aircraft!
Â EspeciallyÂ Curtiss Robin and Stinson 108’s
Antique Aircraft Association’sÂ AAA/APM Invitational Fly-In
September 2-7, 2015
Featuring Curtiss Robin and Stinson 108 Aircraft
This year’s theme: Record setting airplanes and their pilotsÂ
This private fly-in is a spectacular annual event that honors all classic and antique aircraft. At the heart of the Antique Aircraft Association’s mission is to “Keep the Antiques Flying” and this flyin does that beautifully. Membership in the AAA is a requirement for attending the fly-in and is easy to do upon arrival and registration at Antique Airfield.
Ladies, mark your calendar to attend a fly-in that draws some of the rarest, most beautiful airplanes in the country.Â Where the taildraggers are astounding, and those of us not flying the most astounding, are still warmly welcomed. It’s a flyin where the people are relaxed and comfortable and the sky above this grass strip is buzzing with activity from dawn till dusk.
Ice Cream Social
Join LadiesLoveTaildraggers at Antique Airfield on Saturday, September 6, 3:00 pm for aÂ scrumptiousÂ Ice Cream Social. We’ll be gatheringÂ at “The Porch” by the Ground Loop Inn. Come meet your fellow lady taildragger pilots, get an update on the next LLT fly-in and register for new membership. LadiesLoveTaildragger tshirts will be available for sale.Â
- Hotels/Motels & rental cars available
- Camping on the Field
- Vendor & Display Booths
- Fly-Market & Pre-Estate Sale
- Fly-in Food & Drink:Â The South Hy-Vee Store will be on site to cater meals and snacks in the 24th Fighter Squadron Mess Hall starting on Wednesday at noon up through noon Monday, Labor Day. A wide variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner meals will be served. Saturday evening will feature their popular steak and chop night. They will also provide ice and some other carryout grocery items.
- Dave Warren’s Coffee House on the patio of the Ground Loop Inn. Open daily, Rosie Duckworth, JoAnn Denkema, Carol & Gary Van Farowe will be serving fresh coffee first thing in the AM. The popular Antique Airfield coffee mugs will be available also.
- Runway Cinema:Â Movies will be screened nightly, starting on Wed. September 2 at 8 pm.
Membership in the AAA is open to anyone and being a pilot or airplane owner is not a requirement for belonging. During the past 24 years our grass runways, campgrounds and the affiliated Airpower Museum have provided a realistic and pleasant place to visit and participate in antique, classic and unique airplane activities.
The Annual Invitational AAA/APM Antique Airfield Fly-inÂ is held every Labor Day Weekend. Join us in Iowa in the most authentic setting in the world. Go back in time to aviation’s golden years.
If you are a first timer, be sure and readÂ First Timers Guide
And last, for a glimpse of what to expect, don’t miss this beautiful video.