Jul 2014 Join us at AirVenture!
I am so excited I’m counting down the days till AirVenture! An army of volunteers are arriving at OSH and are already workingÂ hard, preparing for the onslaught of aviators soon to arrive. Half a million people, including LOTS of lady taildragger pilots, are about to converge on a small town in Wisconsin and rattle the skies for days on end. Geez, can it get any better than that?! Oh yes it can! One of my favorite people, my sweet niece Kate Chambers, is flying with me to OSH this year. 🙂 Kate’s heard plenty of stories about this awesome fly-in but it will be her very first trip to AirVenture. She’s soon to experience the spectacular flight up the Chicago shoreline in my Rans S7 then on to Ripon, Fisk and our final destination, the busiest airport in the world. (Oh my, not when I’m arriving please!) As of today, we’re booked in a no frills, bargain at $70 night, U of Wisconsin dorm room, but at least we have beds. NO camping for us. If the weather cooperates, my plan is to depart Indy Sunday, July 27. I really want to get there early and stay 7 days but my backup plan is flying up Monday. OK, enough about my big plans, let’s talk about yours! The real purpose of this post is to confirm times and places our LLT group is meeting at AirVenture and encourage you to join us.
- Tuesday, July 29, noon, Lunch at the Hilton Garden Inn Rooftop Terrace Cafe. We have reservations for a big group so come if you can. Ride the North 40 bus and ask them to stop at the Hilton. If you haven’t been to this rooftop restaurant, it’s the best spot in all of AirVenture to see the airport.Â Allow extra time – it’s a long way over there.Â FYI, they have a new food service manager and menu this year.
- Wednesday, July 30, 8:00 a.m. is the WIA breakfast at the EAA Nature Center. Get your tickets early.Obviously not a LLT event but come and we’ll try to get a table together.
- Wednesday, July 30, 11:00 a.m. WIA group picture on the Plaza. Don’t forget to stop by their booth #2040 and pick up a tshirt for the picture.
- Thursday, July 31, 11:00 a.m. on the Vintage ramp. Come for Ray Johnson’s “Vintage in Review” program and support 3 of our lady taildragger pilots in a fun 30 minute presentation! Their vintage taildraggers will be on display and Ray will interview each of them.
- Thursday, July 31, 4:00 p.m. Forum 4, LadiesLoveTaildraggers presentation by Judy B. Come and hear about our organization and the ladies of LadiesLoveTaildraggers!
- Friday, August 1,Â noon, Lunch at the Hilton Garden Inn Rooftop Terrace Cafe. We have reservations for a big group so come if you can. Ride the North 40 bus and ask them to stop at the Hilton. If you haven’t been to this rooftop restaurant, it’s the best spot in all of AirVenture to see the airport.Â Allow extra time – it’s a long way over there.Â FYI, they have a new food service manager and menu this year.
- Friday, August 1, 5:30 p.m. Dinner somewhere! Meet at the base of the control tower. We can take a bus or share rides.
I’ll have LadiesLoveTaildraggers tshirts while they lastÂ and will be sure and bring them to our 2 lunches and the 4:00 Thursday LLT presentation. Please call me if you’d like to connect during Oshkosh!! Judy Birchler Cell 317-506-2737