Oct 2017 Judith Resnik Memorial Scholarship
Big news from Kaitlin Mroz, the recently announced winner of the 3rd Quarter, Judith Resnik Memorial Scholarship. Kaitlin won and, if you apply for their 4th Quarter scholarship, you might win too! Kaitlin wrote,
“Pass it along to folks (women pilots only are eligible) looking for a full ride scholarship to get their CFI as well as CFII at the 30 day American flyers CFI Academy. I just won it for this quarter and will begin my CFII training in December….. 🙂Â ”
Ladies, this is a wonderful opportunity. Consider applying.
The Judith Resnik Memorial Scholarship. Applications due 12/31/17.
To provide women with support and assistance to advance their training in the aviation profession through instructing. This scholarship is applicable only toward the Certificated Instructor Ratings (CFI-A and CFI-I).
To be considered for the Judith Resnik Memorial Scholarship Award, the applicant must:
- Must hold a current second class medical. Send photo copy with application.
- Maintaining a 3.0 or better GPA in a college program or a graduate with same.
- Hold a Private Pilot Certificate, Instrument Rating and Commercial Pilot Certificate. Send photo copies with application.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen.
- Express a strong desire to advance in the aviation field.
- Complete the standard application form, including goal outline and essay.
- Demonstrate an ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
- Provide 3 letters of recommendation (one of which must be from someone involved in aviation) submitted directly to the Scholarship Committee.
- Agree to be interviewed by manager of local school where recipient will train if awarded.
- The Scholarship award will include 120 hours of Academy classroom instruction, 10 hours of dual flight, and 3 hours of pre/post flight briefings with an instructor. Any hours of training needed outside these perimeters will be at the recipientâ€™sâ€™ expense.
- Scholarship recipient must be able to attend one of American Flyers schools to receive training.
- Scholarships must be used for flight training only. Any housing, transportation or living expenses must be handled by recipient.
- Written and Flight test Fees not included.
This scholarship is awarded 4 times per year on a quarterly basis. Completed applications must be postmarked according to dates listed below.
1st Quarter | March 31, 2017
2nd Quarter | June 30, 2017
3rd Quarter | September 30, 2017
4th Quarter | December 31, 2017