Mar 2020 LLT launches competition for your self-isolation videos. Here’s how to enter.
If GoPro can do it, you bet Ladies Love Taildraggers can too! Welcome to the LLT competition for best self-isolation video.
What is a self-isolation video you ask? It’s whatever you want it to be! Use your smart phone or camera to create a quick and creative video highlighting how you’re killing time during the Covid-19 pandemic. OK, I admit this may be a little sacrilegious considering everyone’s nervous and struggling on some level, but we need some fun in our lives. We need something to help break the monotony of shelter-in-place and stay-at-home.
So starting today, and continuing through the month of April, you’re invited to create and submit a “self-isolation” video. Where ever you live, whatever you’re doing, share it with us!
There are no rules but here’s what I’m thinking:
- Keep your video 30 seconds or less
- Nothing’s off limits
- No aviation connection required. What do pilots do when they CAN’T fly?
- Can’t go wrong with funny, wacky, laughable, silly and plain old entertaining
- From the mundane to the extraordinary – it’s your life, please share it!
- Include a picture for the preview shot
There are two ways to enter:
- By Email: from your gmail account, email your video to LadyTaildraggers@gmail.com. Gmail allows you to link any files in your Google Drive account, and all Gmail accounts come with 15 GB of free storage. This means you can use Google Drive to send video directly to me without worries about size limits. Include your name and a short description of your video and it will be posted on the LLT website.
- By Blog Post: Anyone who has registered on our updated website is, by default, a Contributor. You have the ability to create a new post on www.LadiesLoveTaildraggers.com any time you like. To download your video, follow the directions on this link. Instead of a photo, choose to download your video. Instructions to Contributors. Include a short typed description of your video. Your blog posts are saved as “drafts” and will soon be posted by Admin.
And just to prove how easy it is to make a video, here’s a glimpse of how I whiled a way a few minutes today. I love my LED mini drone. I bought it for a Christmas present but just couldn’t part with it!
If you haven’t yet joined Ladies Love Taildraggers, I invite you to now. Membership is free and easy. Link: Free REGISTRATION