Who – What – When on the LadiesLoveTaildraggers Texas Fly-in/Splash-in!
June 3 – 5, 2016
#1 Â Pilots from 15 states are currently registered to attend our KSLR Texas fly-in! Wondering how they will all be arriving? Right now, I have some awesome taildraggers registered including several Supercubs, Stinson 108s & Luscombes, a Murphy Moose, a full gamut of RVs and Cessnas, a Whitman Tailwind, Stearman, a few Maules & Scouts, a Highlander & a Rans, Citabrias & Champs Â …. and one spectacular Ryan PT-22!
#2 Â This is the current list of auction donations to support our Tailwheel Endorsement Scholarship Fund. I’ve been keeping a spreadsheet but if I missed you, please let me know.
- Photo Into Artwork, 18″ x 24″ premium gallery wrapped canvas, your personal digital photo converted into a digital oil painting or watercolor. Value $170 by Tom Edmondson
- Personal photo shoot with you and your plane, during AirVenture or near photographer’s base in Newport News, VA. Value $800 by Mike Lambert
- Disney “Dusty” talking plane,Â “Dusty” watch,Â aviation t-shirts,Â airplane candle holders andÂ bi-plane shelf. By Donna Miller
- ‘World Flight’ book written & donated byÂ Ann Pellegreno (Saturday Door Prize)
- Four sets custom gust locks. By Tom Edmondson
- Time-Life Aviation Series hardback books. By Anne Wright
- Renowned quilt artist Lisa West is creating an amazing quilt using women pilot t-shirts. By Kelly Jeffries
- Two ‘Brian’s Flying Book’ written & donated byÂ Brian Lansburgh
- Case of Phillips Aviation oil. By GR Monteleone
- Set of ‘CloudDancer’s Alaskan Chronicles’ books written & donated by Gary Bakewell
- Metal signs (Low Flying Aircraft, Snoopy Flying Ace Pilot Lounge), Savvy Travelers Travel toiletries. ByÂ Justine Harrison
- Curtis Flying Service metal sign & 2 hardback aviation books. By Ruthie Wells
- ‘The Wright Brothers’ book by David McCullough.Â By Julie Thomas
- Two ‘A Hunger for the Sky’ books written & donated by Sparkey Barnes-Sargent (One Friday Door Prize)
#3 Â Additionally, all lady taildragger pilots will receive a very generous packet compliments of Ann Pellegreno (while they last). Each packet contains sheets about lady taildragger pilots from Vol. 1 & 2 of â€˜Iowa Takes to the Airâ€˜. Three sets of her 1967 World Flight covers (see below), all autographed. An unsigned Champion Spark Plug photo of Ann waving from the hatch of the Lockheed 10 Electra (first photo above) and Volume Three of her book â€˜Iowa takes to the Airâ€˜. For those who would like, Ann will be happy to autograph copies of her photo and book.
Thank you to Joey Baker at KSLR for arranging these two great perks! Friday & Saturday evenings Miranda Lambertâ€™s Red 55 WineryÂ will be on site sampling wines and selling by the glass & bottle. And a special treat compliments of theÂ Southwest Dairy Museum,Â ice cream for all!
Legend Cub based at KSLR will be giving demo rides Friday & Saturday!