What you need to know if you’re coming to the LadiesLoveTaildraggers Texas Fly-in at KSLR
- Whatever the weather gods bring on, the fly-in’s still on May 29 – 31 and early arrivals are still welcome Thursday, May 28. Get there if you can.
- The Dallas/Sulphur Springs area has moved from a decade long mega-drought to a spring of record rainfall and extreme flooding. Yes, things are soggy at Sulphur Springs.
- We will not be able to use the grass at KSLR. We will be using their 5000′ concrete 01/19 runway and parallel taxiway, both in excellent condition.
- There’s lots of hard surface and hangars so you can stay dry sunshine or not.
- Campers with waterproof tents may still be able to camp with their aircraft. Options within hangars and the FBO available to others.
- All grass strips are being eliminated from the Saturday Poker Run, for obvious reasons.
- Don’t get hung up on our published flyouts and itinerary- they were Plan A. We’re at Plan C or D right now.
- From this point on decisions will be made on the fly
- Our Cedar Mills State Park Fly-out lunch on Friday is cancelled. They called today “apologizing” their restaurant was underwater and they were evacuating the park. 1/3 of their runway is under water. They will not reopen until at least July 1. Stay tuned for a new hard-surface Flyout Friday location.
- Joey Baker at KSLR is doing everything in his power to assure a successful fly-in, despite the conditions. He’s still pumped about us coming and believes this LLT flyin will be the BEST ever. His goal is for every single attendee to leave Sulphur Springs saying they had a fantastic time and can’t wait to come back.
- I have no idea what the weather’s going to be May 28 – 31. If you can control the weather, now’s a good time to let me know. I can use you!
- Please come, be flexible and enjoy yourself!
Flyin Details:Â 2015 LLT Flyin