After feedback from LLT members it sounds like an “all female” LLT event might be something we consider adding to our 2014 calendar! If you would like to host a fly-in for lady taildragger pilots now may be your chance. I’m still in the exploration stage of adding a “Ladies Only Taildragger Fly-in” somewhere in the U.S. in 2014.Â If one of our lady taildragger pilots, or a group of ladies, would like to host an event I’d love to hear from you.Â That’s right! At an airport of your choice -Â at a time that works for you. Hosting a LadiesLoveTaildraggers Fly-in is a bigÂ commitment. I am looking for a person or group that believes they are capable of orchestrating and hosting the event with limited help from me. I will do everything I can from afar but this would truly require a complete willingness to organize it and make most of the arrangements yourself. If you are interested and know of an airport that would be appropriate, in a location where camping and hotels are accessible, we can make it happen! Please give it some thought, do some research, then send your proposal to LadyTaildraggers@gmail.com. Please include the following and submit proposals by July 15, 2013.
- Your name(s)
- Suggested location: airport name & identifier
- Detailed information about the airport and airport management
- Any events you would like to include (speakers, fly-outs, activities)
- Camping & hotel information
- Arrangements for meals for attendees
- Date (1 to 3 days?)
- Estimated cost for attendees
- Why you would like to host a LLT ladies only flyin
- Any experience you have organizing flying events
Don’t worry, we will continue to host our annual fly-in that celebrates women taildragger pilots but doesn’t prevent men from joining in the fun! A Ladies Only Taildragger Flyin would be one more event for our members to consider attending.